Front Ferrule, Brass, 16mm Tube OD
◎ FITOK Tube Fittings up to 1" or 25 mm
1. Loosen the nut 1/4 turn from finger-tight position.
2. Insert tubing into the tube fitting, make sure that the tubing rests firmly on the shoulder of the port.
3. Finger-tighten the nut.
4. Tighten the nut 1 1/4 turns with wrench while holding the body of the fitting or the valve steady (Fig.1).
For small-sized fittings (1/16", 1/8" and 3/16", 2 mm, 3 mm and 4 mm), tighten the nut 3/4 turn with wrench (Fig.2).
◎ FITOK Tube Fittings over 1" or 25 mm
1. Use presetting tool to install the ferrules onto the tube, please refer to the instruction of Hydraulic Presetting Tool for details.
2. Insert the preset tubing with ferrules and nut into the body of fitting, finger tight.
3. Tighten the nut one-half turn with wrench.
◎ Reinstallation (all sizes)
1. Mark the tube at the back of the nut, mark a line along the nut and fitting body flats.
2. Insert tubing with preset ferrules into the fitting body until the front ferrule seats.
3. Then rotate the nut with a wrench to the previous pulled-up position as indicated by the marks on the tube and the flats.
4. Tighten the nut slightly with wrench.
◎ Plugs and Port Connectors
1. Tighten the plug or port connector 1/4 turn from the finger-tight position while holding the body of the fitting steady. For small-sized fittings (1/16", 1/8" and 3/16", 2 mm, 3 mm and 4 mm), tighten the nut 1/8 turn with wrench.
2. Reinstallation: Tighten slightly with a wrench from the finger-tight position.
The Installation Instructions of the tube adapter end of Port Connectors are the same as the FITOK Tube Fittings.
1/2 0 1
◎ Do not loosen or tighten fittings when the system is pressurized.
◎ Make sure that the tubing rests firmly on the shoulder of the port.
◎ Always leave enough straight length of the tubing for the fittings.
◎ Always use an insert for extremely soft plastic tubing.
◎ Material of the metal tubing should be softer than that of the fitting. For example, stainless steel tubing should not be used with brass fittings. When tubing and fittings are made of the same material, the tubing must be fully annealed.
◎ The allowable working pressure of the tube fitting is rated to the maximum working pressure of the corresponding tubing, which can be found in FITOK tubing data sheet. For those which can not be found in FITOK tubing data sheet, please contact FITOK Group or our authorized distributors for related information.
◎ Keep the tubing end and surface clean and smooth.
◎ Always use proper thread sealants on tapered pipe threads. Make sure that its working temperature does not exceed that of the sealants.
◎ When assembling the tube fitting, hold the body with a wrench and turn the nut instead of holding the nut.◎ Sizes range from 1/16" to 2" and 2 mm to 50 mm
◎ Diverse materials and configurations are available
◎ Precision machined components ensure perfect deformation of the ferrules and tubing
◎ Hardened threads with smooth surface finish avoid galling and help to extend the fitting service life
◎ Female nut threads are silver-plated to reduce the friction against the body threads
◎ Radius junction design for elbows provides smooth flow path
◎ Every fitting is marked with size, material and heat number
◎ Fittings are easy to disconnect and retighten